Not too long ago I was gifted some lavender linen spray from my best friends mother. Initially I didn’t think I’d get much use out of it – but now its become a staple in my nighttime routine. Lavender has a ton of great benefits. It’s known to help induce sleep for those restless folks, and has also been proven help reduce anxiety and stress! I usually spray a few pumps on my pillow and sheets before I crawl into bed at night. Not only have I found that I sleep better on the nights I use it, I’ve also come to love the the fresh smell it leaves on my sheets.
This little tonic has definitely helped take off some of the edge at the end of the night. I’m not sure about you, but most nights my mind is buzzing with to-do lists and what needs to be completed in the coming day. Since I love this little DIY spray so much I snatched the recipe for share! Below are the simple steps to create your own linen water – its so easy!
- 40-50 drops (approx 1/2 tsp) of lavender essential oils
- 1/4 cup of unflavored vodka (strange, I know)
- 3 1/2 cups distilled water
- small spray bottle ( I found mine at the dollar store, they were really inexpensive)
- glass jar to store the remaining water for refills
- a funnel to pour ingredients into the jar
- mix the vodka and lavender oil together
- fill the bottle to the top with distilled water
- feel free to give the bottle a shake – mixing all of the ingredients together
- dispense some of the linen water into a spray bottle, this will make it easier to disperse on your sheets
- store the remaining spray in a cool area until it is time to fill up
Hopefully this will help some of you catch some z’s.